Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas at Kuumba's Cove (Part #1)




What up, Metro Detroiters ! I'm back to present to you another post for today. Last Friday Night, for those who weren't there that night, it was announced by the creator of Kuumba's Cove, Diallo Smith that we have a one night only poetry night featuring the most talented and wacky poets around the city of Detroit, including your's truly, I rocked the house that night with poems that I written and a preview of a poem i'm working on called Tomorrow People, it's about my perspective on what's happen then and now. there'll are five chapters to the story, one will be about reality drama, some will be about the life and times of Detroit, events that changed history and many more. Right now, this is Part #1 of this blog where it's from the host, Diallo Smith with the introductions and one man who is the 3rd photograph, I forgot his name, but the open mic poets were none other than the infamous Cesear Torreano, you can catch him every thursday night from 9:00pm - 12:00am as he is the host of Nandi's Knowledge Cafe. The Lovely but talented Fara Moan was on hand, as well as my church going friend, Lucky whom I see sundays for Awakenings Movement which is at the Detroit School of Arts on 123 & Seldon in Detroit, MI. The other two, I seem to forget their names, but i'll remember their names sooner or later, but anyway enjoy Part #1 of these photos and part #2 coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment